LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-8506

Hello

I have a project where I need to use a USB-8506. I have installed the driver for the device and it came with a piece of software NIXNET Bus Monitor. I am new to communication over CAN/LIN. I have connected Port1 to the unit under test, which in this case is an automotive door loom. Am I naive to think I can activate a switch on the door loom and expect to see messages / frames magically appear? Any help on this would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance, Lee

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,438 Views)

Usually CAN message are send periodically on the bus but some message are sent on needed basis. depend on the system architecture. I suggest you to read the documentation on the device under test on what are the message type and format you need to send. Check also if the unit under test is sending message on boot or periodically on the can bus.

If you have an external software to read and send message on the CAN bus, it can help you to create your custom application. you will be able to do the difference between your code bug and the system bug.

CAN is not very difficult to learn. have fun.

Benoit

Message 2 of 2
(3,396 Views)