cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 8451 simultaneous I2C and IO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I am using the NI USB8451 to communicate with a TI BQ77910A by I2C. The I2C communication works for reading right now but in order to write in the EEPROM registers I need to provide 3.3V using the IO signals. 

I've tested the IO and generated a signal successfully. My question is: is it possible to simultaneously run I2C and IO on the USB8451. Do they need to be on the same VI in order to operate?

Thanks,

Vid

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,340 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vcountch

Hi Vid,

sounds reasonable to use both digital lines (thats what you mean with "IO"?!) and the I2C at the same time. Did you habe problems using both ressources at the same time?

In general it makes no difference if you use two ressources in either one VI or two seperate VIs.

Best regards

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,301 Views)

Yes it works with the NI USB 8451. Though it is worth mentioning only ports P.04 to P.06 are capable of delivering a true steady output voltage of 3.3V.  The other ports seem to struggle in my experience but it is not a bad thing considering that the NI8451 is supposedly only capable of delivering 3.3V. 

Thanks,

Vid

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,295 Views)