From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6501 EMGWorks

I am using EMGWorks to record data from the delsys Myomonitor IV. Of course I would prefer to actually capture the signals in Labview, but with the little time I have left my other option is to have EMGWorks trigger my data acquisition for my other instruments in Labview. I have the delsys trigger output module (pdf manual: http://www.delsys.com/Attachments_pdf/Trigger%20Output%20Module%20(Wireless)%20Users%20Guide%20(MAN-...)

What I would like to do is monitor the usb 6501 (trigger module) and have it trigger my data acquisition. Has anyone done anything like this? Any examples would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,871 Views)

Hi Mark,

I am not familiar with the delsys Myomonitor IV, however you can use a simple DAQ task to Monitor a single line on your 6501, in the attached piece of code the loop will break when your trigger is recieved, we would need to know more about how your other instrumments are triggered to go any further, but at a basic level this is how you would monitor a digital line in LabVIEW.

You could also check out EMG tech support at:

http://www.delsys.com/ContactUs/EmailSupport.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Scott M.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,838 Views)

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the help. I am using a DAQ to monitor the lines on the usb 6501. The instruction manual states that while EMGWorks is taking data terminal P0.2 is set high. I tried monitoring each line on the 6501 and they seem to be set to logic high no matter what is going on (before, during, and after data logging on EMGWorks). I contacted delsys for some support but am still awaiting reply. Another solution occurred to me today. EMGWorks begins taking data when ctrl+R is pressed on the keyboard. I could alternatively have a VI that waits for this combination to be pressed (or even just the keystroke 'R') and then starts my data acquisition VI, but I'm not really sure how this is done. The stop times are not so critical (I could stop EMGWorks and my data collection VI separately as long as they had the same start time). If this can be done easily any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Mark 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,825 Views)
On second though, there seems to be some delay with EMGWorks after it is instructed to begin collecting data so the hot-key approach is probably not a good one.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,824 Views)

Hi Mark,

How are you monitoring the lines? If possible using a test pannel in Measurement and Automation Explorer should let you know exactly whats going on, on each line.

Scott

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,800 Views)