From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6251 real time

Can I use USB 6251 BNC to perform real time module? and can it acts fast enough to perform control based on the measured data within every 2 ms or less? thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,274 Views)

Hi Ikmal,

I think we need to gain a better understanding of your question. The device is not a "Real Time" target and USB is not inherently deterministic. If you are using a windows PC with LabVIEW installed to communicate with the device, then you could by all means implement a control algorithm in software based on measured data sampled every 2ms and faster.

Kind regards,

Daniel T
Account Manager
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,254 Views)

I don't think going below 2 ms in a windows PC is a good idea with a USB DAQ. You will be able to acquire samples at that rate but consistency is not guaranteed. If the application is time critical then go for an RT target else decrease the speed of acquisition.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,250 Views)

Hi P Anand,

I agree with the comments that you have made. It is uncertain at this stage as to whether Ikmal already has the hardware. If this is the case then we must provide suggestions to work with what we have here.

I hope that this helps you along Ikmal.

If you are looking to spec a system then why not give the office a call on 01635 523545.

Kind regards,

Daniel T
Account Manager
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,246 Views)

Smart buisness Thomas. Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5