From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6229 (BNC) Event counter EITHER analog pulse train OR digital events

I am new to Labview and programming in general, I have looked for example online in the example finder and in books.

I have managed to piece together code using the Trigger Counter.vi and the DAQ assistant. I am only able to count the number of pulses and would like to count each pulse train as one event. Additionally the code I wrote doesn't hold up well it will work when plugged into the output of the stimulator I have but doesn't work when plugged into the monitor (though this may be an error with the stimulator.

Conversing I would be equally happy (if not more so) to count the the remote into the stimulator. I have a simple lever to complete a circuit and use the digital in P0.0 with the 5V  charge and grounded with a resistor.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,284 Views)

What do you mean by counting each pulse as one event? Do you mean at a certain number of counts you would like to trigger an event?

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,254 Views)

I assume you have signal line where the pulses come in bursts. A bunch of pulses (square wave) and than quiet (flat line), Then a bunch of pulses. Then off.

I think you will have to capture the wave form and process it to count the bursts instead of a trigger counter. You could perform an average on the wave form where the bursts would have an higher average than 0 volts and the non bursts would be 0. If the prerameter are set right the output waveform would be a square wave with the high when there was a burst and low when it was off.

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,246 Views)