From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6212 - Acquisition Timing

Hello everyone,

I'm using a USB-6212 acquisition board in order to get some desired signals. This acquisition of digital and analog signals must be continuous and the frequency must be at least 2kHz.

Given there's no internal clock for digital lines, thus preventing me from reaching the intended acquisition frequency, I tried two different approaches: correlated IO, as seen here http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/1673, and using an external clock, which I reckon should work. Both VI's are attached.

Both attempts failed and showed the same error, as if it was ignoring the configured sample clocks:

"Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.

Property: SampTimingType
Requested Value: Sample Clock
You Can Select: On Demand"

Did I make a mistake on the VIs?

Any idea on how to work around this? Shouldn't this be possible on a M-Series board?

EDIT: If this is not possible on the above mentioned board, is there any suggestion on which board model could help?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,051 Views)

No mistake in the vis  Mistake in the hardware spec.  you need a DAQ device capable of hardware timed IO.  The 6212 is software timed only.

Try a X-series the 6259looks like a better fit

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,044 Views)

Thank you Jeff,

I looked in the specs and it is stated that only 24 inputs are clocked. In the case of 6341, only 8.

Does that mean that I will only be able to acquire continuosly by using this 24/8 timed inputs? Or may I provide an external clock for the other inputs as well?

Summing up, with a different hardware, will I be able to take continuos samples on every input line or just the timed ones?

Looking forward for you response.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,028 Views)