LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6009 Temperature Acquisition

Hi All

I seem to have some brain fade today. I need to use the USB-6009 to with a J type thermocouple. When I hook it up the temperature is not correct and widely varies. I am getting reading from 0 to 60 C at room temperature. I need to incorporate this into another circuit for testing. I assume that I am overlooking the simple and obvious. I have tried using a DAQ Assistant and a DAQmx. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Gerald

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,630 Views)
Hi Gerald,

It sounds like you may have excessive noise that is drowning out the signal from your thermocouple.  There is a discussion forum post here that may address the issues you are seeing with suggestions on solutions.

Regards,
Andrew W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,603 Views)

Hello Gerald,

You don't have a brain fade! I recently got in a few usb-6009's and am seeing a similar response when trying to measure temperature with thermocouples.

I don't believe this is noise as much as resolution on the usb-6009. At this point I have added resistors to bring down noise but am seeing the same "waver" that you describe (although not quite as extreme). I am looking into building a signal amplifier or alternatively purchasing a  TAC80 thermocouple-to-analog converter for use with the usb-6009.

Have you had any progress with your issue?

Adzel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,565 Views)