LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6008 doubt on channel inputs

Hi,

I would like to control a switch on AC to AC converter circuit i.e.. I want to blank signal in circuit until user interested time. I am just worried about DAQ at channels that can I directly connect 240v AC to DAQ or in case if not possible, I would like convert this 240V to 20V because, I read the datasheet of USB 6008 says that allow only +or- 1 to +or- 20v. I strucked here and could not conclude my self. Is there any best converters out there in market for this application?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,861 Views)

Definitely do not connect 240 VAC to your DAQ card!!!!!!

You could look at a relay that has contacts rated for your current and voltage of interest.  You could also look at a solid state relay that can take a low voltage digital signal to turn on and off the high voltage AC signal.  But you will have to see the requirements for the input coil of the relay, or the input of the solid state relay and see whether the USB-6008 can source that voltage and current.  If not, you may need to look at another circuit such as a transistor driver to turn on and off the relay.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,857 Views)