From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.1/ USRP

I am attempting to use a USB 3.1 board (Rosewill RC-509) to obtain higher transfer speed to and from a USRP-2901.

I can see the USRP-2901 in device manager when it is connected to the 3.1 port. However Labview cannot communicate with the USRP.

The USRP-2901 works fine when connected to any other USB ports using the same cable. The USB 3.1 port works with a thumb drive.

Any ideas? Is Labview not able to deal with a USB 3.1 port??

(Labview 2017/ USRP drivers 18.0/ Windows 7 Pro)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,215 Views)

Hi gwd,

Are you able to see the USRP when you are connected to USB 3.1 in the USRP configuration utility?

Regards,

Robert Leonard

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,174 Views)

No. It is visible in device manager only.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,168 Views)

In the 2901 getting started guide at the bottom of page three the only USB interfaces mentioned are USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. Can connect to your USRP with a 3.0 port and see it inside of the USRP configuration tool? The readme for the USRP driver mentions that it should work with USRP 2.0 or newer. I will do some digging to see if there are any known issues with this.

Regards,

Robert Leonard

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,149 Views)

My USRP works fine with USB 3.0. However using USB 3.1 would be very useful as it does not seem to be possible to increase the IQ rate much above 10 MHz with USB 3.0 without errors.

If 3.1 is really not supported I guess I have to look for other solutions.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,145 Views)