From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT] Help with write to a Spreadsheet VI

Spoiler
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a  VI to write the data which I receive  from a Eurotherm Temperature Controller. 

For now I have used a Simulate Signal express VI to  simulate the Eurotherm in my VI and it woks kinda fine.

There are a couple of things  I do not understand. 

First, whenever I run this VI I get two columns in my spreadsheet. One having the necessary data and the other a column of 0's about which I have no clue.
Additionally, I would also like the timestamp to this spreadsheet. I have been reading some stuff from this forum and a lot of people have done things which seem quite complicated.  Is there an easier way to get the time stamp in the spreadsheet 

I couldn't use the the EXpress VI for this task as I have to save the file in a new location everytime and having a new name.

Suggestions and ideas are most welcome. I have attached the VI with this post

Hope to hear from you guys soon as always.

Kind Regards,
Jalashwa

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,588 Views)

1. You probably want to use a Chart instead of a Graph.  A chart includes a history instead of just the last capture.

2. Since you want time information, change the From DDT to output a single Waveform.  There is a function called Export Waveform To Spreadsheet File.  Use that.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,581 Views)

Hey Crossrulz,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I tried implementing what you had advised me to. 

There are somethings I can't change in the VI.

I was hoping if you could help me with that.

I just want the time stamp for which the experiment runs in seconds/ min . I do not need the date and the actual time of the experiment. I was referring to  a White Paper by NI, http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BE8023E1925F476E86256F4A006FB0D9

with the hope of completely removing the date and the default time in the SubVI but to no avail.  

I have attached my VI in this post along with a sample .xls that I generated. Even the second column in my VI doesn't make much sense to me. 

Looking forward to your kind inputs and help.

Regards,

Jalashwa

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,503 Views)

Hey,

I did something else .

Could you please have a look at this post 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Help-with-File-Dialog-Express-VI-while-saving-an-Excel-File/td-p/36...

BR,

Jalashwa

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,495 Views)

Hi Jalashwa,

Please see the attached VI, hopefully this will help.

There are notes on the block diagram about what the VI is doing. I typically do not use Express VI's, unless if it is necessary, I prefer to build my time\data arrays manually so I can make them exactly as I like them to be (or as the project requires).

Please respond with any questions.

Thanks.

Mike

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Miami University
Instrumentation Laboratory

CLA Logo
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,245 Views)