LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP receiver in LV

Hello,everyone!

I'm working on a UDP based Ethernet communication lately. The host is DSP28335 and the receiver is LV. I've tested the UDP sending function using Wireshark and it seems that everything is correct. However, when I use the UDP Receiver vi provided in the example, no data seems to be received.

I've done the following things below:

1. I've run both UDP sender and UDP receiver provided in the example on the same computer, it works well;

2. I've checked the windows firewall configuration and functions related to LV are all unblocked by the firewall;

3. I've checked some of the discussions in the forum on this issue. However, the solutions seem not to be effective in my project.

I wonder whether someone can provide some instructions!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,016 Views)

Somebody can help me?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,953 Views)
There's not a lot to receiving UDP packets. Can you run the sample sender and receiver on different computers? Are you sure you're listening on the right port? Are all your network settings correct?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,935 Views)

Hi,Nathand,

I‘ve attached both the screenshot of Wireshark and UDP receiver vi. I believe the setting of UDP port is correct. I've authorized Labview to be unblocked by the firewall in both public and provate network. I'll find another computer and do UDP test on it.

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,914 Views)

You are crossing subnets. Can your sending device actually reach your receving computer? Normally devices need to be on the same subnet in order to communicate unless you have the correct network infrastructure in place to route the packets.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,884 Views)

Hi,Mark,

I've tried UDP communication on two different PCs. At first, I set the IP address of two computers to 010.110.041.056 and 192.168.1.101, the communication failed. Then, I set the IP address of both computers to 010.110.041.056 and 010.110.041.057, the communication succeeded. As you mentioned, the two PCs need to be on the same subnet to ensure normal UDP communication. I will try to modify the IP address of my DSP next.

Thank you so much!!! 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,847 Views)

Not necessarily.  You just need to make sure what device is routing traffic between the two subnets allows UDP packets to pass.  Setting up one as 10. and the other as 192. doesn't make much sense because those networks are about as far apart as you can get.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,840 Views)

Hi,thank you for your reply.

I've got a new problem. When I test UDP on two PCs with IP address of 10.110.41.56 and 10.110.41.57, it seems the communication goes well. However, when I set the IP address of the DSP to 10.110.41.57, the PC with IP address of 10.110.41.57 seems to receive no data from it. I've attached the screenshot of Wireshark. Hope you can provide me with some instructions.

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,815 Views)

You can't have two devices with the same IP address on the network at one time. Also, if the source and destination IP address is the same the packets will never reach the network. They will remain insdie the device itself.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,797 Views)
Hi, Mark! The communication between PCs and between PC and dsp are seperate. I tested UDP between PCs first and PC&dsp later. I only linked two ternimal with a net cable every time. Meanwhile, they've got different IP addresses.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,759 Views)