LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP read does not receive until UDP write on the UDP connection ID occurs

Hi 

I have a UDP connection which is used by a reader process and a writer process - there is continuous data on the UDP receive side (I can see it on wireshark) - however it appears that the LV UDP read function returns nothing until after the first LV UDP write occurs on the same connection ID. I am using the local host net address where required since the PC is multi-homed but I am mystified as to why I dont get any UDP packets in until after I have transmitted a packet.

Is this understood behaviour on Windows 7 or is there some extra UDP connection config at the LV level I need to consider

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,186 Views)

Can you share your code? There is some odd behavior if you do a UDP Write while waiting for a UDP Read, but I've never seen the behavior you describe.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,161 Views)

hi nathand

that post you are referring too is pretty similar objective as mine and I think there are some clues that I can follow up on - strange it has the main keywords I searched on in the title but did not come up in my searching - least not high enough ranked for me to catch it.

If I dont get it cracked from that post will upload a greatly simplified version of the code.

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,154 Views)