LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP Write

I am trying to send flattened data of images through UDP in a wireless network of sizes of around 8000 bytes. After sending around 50 frames , the UDP write gets stuck. It doesnt return error and it doesnt even time out (I have 10 sec time out time).

Is it because of the size of data?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,777 Views)

Hi aman_bajra,

i think 8 KByte are not so much, can you show your code?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,759 Views)
How fast are you trying to send them? You may be filling up the OS buffer. Keep in mind that UDP does not guarantee that you'll get all the packets at the receiving end, or that you will actually get them in the right order. I agree that if you post your code it may be easier to help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,749 Views)

Thank you for your suggestions. It did give me something more to think about. I have attached my code herewith. The green sub-vi collects the error like time out error. If it is because of filling up of OS buffer , how do I find the buffer level?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,732 Views)
I am sending it at the rate of 5 frames per second. I am using 3G network.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,731 Views)

Hi Aman,

When you say it gets stuck what do you mean?  Does LabVIEW stop responding?  How do you stop the VI from executing?  Does the abort button work or do you have to shutdown LabVIEW?  How do you know it gets stuck at UDP write?  What happens to the processer usage when your VI gets stuck?

Message Edited by Adam_H on 12-15-2008 04:58 PM
Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,695 Views)

Hi Adam, 

I used the highlight execution button and it showed me that the program is waiting for UDP write to finish. Even when I press the abort button, the program doesnt stop. If I click the X  to close as in every window, a small window appears and it says LabVIEW is waiting for the program to finish.

Thanks,

Aman 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,687 Views)

Hi aman,

What happens to your processor usage when it is stuck?  Is LabVIEW using lots of processing power or is it sitting idle.

Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,668 Views)

Hi Adam,

When that happens, I found that LabVIEW is using around 94 MB of memory which I think is quite normal because even when the program is not running it is using around 67 MB.  Btw what does the amount of memory being used tells about the source of error?

Thanks

Aman 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,646 Views)

Hi aman,
I was actually looking for the how much of the processer LabVIEW is using not how much memory.  If you take a look at the image below I need the number highlighted.  I need this information for while the VI is locked up and while your computer is idle.  This will help me know if the VI is completely using your computers resources or if maybe it has stopped executing.  It would also be good to know what version of LabVIEW you have and what you are trying to communicate with. Is the communication going over a network or to another computer through a crossover cable?  How reliable is this issue?  In words does it happen every time you run it or will it sometimes work and sometimes not?

Adam H
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,616 Views)