LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP Messages blocked by windows

were using a USB Ethernet adapter. Wireshark sees the UDP message being received to the correct Port.  Labview opens the port but UDP Read always Times out.  this is the save code I have used on other Windows 10 systems with internal Network adapter.  I am wondering what could be blocking this in Windows.  Unfortunately we cant turn off Firewall and anti virus.  Am Suspicious that it might be something in USB privileges.

USB Adapter is a StarTech usb 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,527 Views)

Is it that you can't turn off the firewall because you don't have local admin?  Or do you have that access, but your company won't allow you to totally turn off the firewall?

If you do have local admin, have you tried editing the firewall settings to either allow LabVIEW or your EXE to use the port, or create a custom port-based rule that works outside of application settings?  

Kyle97330_0-1608157975483.png

As for why it might not work on the USB adapter, is it possible your non-USB adapter is showing up as a "work" or "domain" network and is therefore slightly trusted, while maybe your USB adapter is classes as a "public" network and has a much more restrictive firewall policy?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,506 Views)

This has been tried and message still is not getting trough  any ideas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,447 Views)

same issue here, were you ever able to resolve it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(891 Views)

scott, hi, back in 2020 you posted this issue, were you able to uncover the cause and the fix?  i'm struggling with the same thing now, thanks, truman

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(885 Views)

Really, this is a Windows issue, and if you can't configure the firewall to let UDP packets through, I don't see how you'll be able to see them.  With anything, not just LabVIEW.  (Wireshark will still see them because I think it sniffs them at the port?)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(869 Views)

Worked with IT, looked through security settings,  found nothing.  Assume that some other security protocol was overruling windows.   

took machine of the network removed corporate firewall ‘stuff’

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(862 Views)