LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP Broadcast

Good Afternoon.  I am attempting to send a udp broadcast message with a source ip address must be 0.0.0.0. from port 7314. I was able to do this under Windows 7 on  on aPXIe 8820, using an nmap command string that performed a udp scan on the target. We have replaced the 8820 with a 1U National Instruments machine using the MXI to interrface to the PXIe chassis (3 8234 2 ethernet  port cards) running  Windows 10.  The vi that ran on the 8820 will not run on the new machine. I have updated nmap and changed the string to reflect argument changes in nmap.  Using wireshark on the target the packet is never seen.  the firewall has been turned off .  Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,334 Views)

Hi @philbilly,

The best spot for your question to get advice & answers will probably be the PXI Discussion Forums . Questions asked on that forum are seen by our community users who frequently use MXI & PXI systems, but those users might not see this question under the "LabVIEW" label.

When you post your question on that board, could you include whether or not you can communicate with the PXI system in NI MAX?

Christine B
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,275 Views)