LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UAV control for beginners

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post in but here goes anyway.

I'm currently a second year engineering student, we have a design task to build a small UAV. I'm in charge of the control which must be done through labview.

We have an sbrio provided and labview real time with access to the fuzzy logic toolkit. 

The UAV is not wireless, it will be attached to the sbrio so we won't have to worry about transmission.

I'm not very experienced with LabView so if anyone could point me in the direction of a useful tutorial I would be very grateful.

So far I've done some introductory stuff with LabView and created some VIs etc, I've also got the board connected to the computer with Measurement and Automation explorer but I'm struggling to figure out how to go about using LabView to communicate with the board.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,320 Views)

I have not looked at any tutorials in years so I can't help there.

I can offer my standrad advise that "The first step in solving a problem is to clearly define the problem."

So you should put some effort into deciding what work gets done where and how the parts will interact. That information should guide your efforts and tell you what you have to work on.

So post up your thoughts (while waiting for others to post links to tutorials).

But I can offer this that you could use on your GUI.

Have fun!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,309 Views)

Hi Gelbiviche,

I completely agree with Ben. Here are two main links to get you started. An sbRIO is very similar to a cRIO so you can follow the same tutorials:

http://www.ni.com/labview/technical-resources/

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/

The ni.com website has a wealth of information, you just need to know what you’re looking for.

Good luck.

Mahdieh G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,281 Views)