From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U64 with DMA FIFO from target to host

Solved!
Go to solution

I have to I have 2 signals coming in that I want to join the numbers.  When I do the number to boolean and back, the results are U32.  Combine the two numbers, you get U64.  However, the DMA transfer can only take U32.  If I modify the results to a U16, then I'm not seeing the negative values of the signal.  Is there a way to do this?  I know I could use an make an array, then put it in the for loop, but this seems to take up some space and I'm running out on the FPGA side.

Thanks,

guilio

Message 1 of 6
(2,917 Views)

Hey,

Due to the fact that LV 8.6 is supporting U64 for DMA FIFOs I assume you have an earlier version. In that case, as you said, you can only split it to two U32 and make an array.

Christian

Message 2 of 6
(2,900 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author guilio_2008

You assumed correct.  I have 8.5 waiting on 8.6.  I'll wait till then.

Thanks,

guilio

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,884 Views)

I can not convert 64 element boolean array in to U64 using "boolean to Number" function... It always converts in U32.. Is ther any solution ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,496 Views)

Rightclick the "Boolean to Number", open properties and change the output type to U64.

And next time please create a new thread instead of just posting somewhere. Usually there is little chance to get an anser with that way.

Christian

Message 5 of 6
(2,494 Views)

Well I got Real time response...  Smiley Very Happy But next time I will keep that in mind..

Thanks by the way... That Worked...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,491 Views)