cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two port serial reading of a numerical value

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Below attached VI writes a numerical value from one port and reads at another port.But it shows exception of                                                                                         

'VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.'Is it the problem due to conversion from numerical value to string??or anyother.Please post possible suggestion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32
(3,042 Views)

It is because you are not getting any data within the timeout period. How you are connecting the two ports? Check the cabling is correct then try running the code.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32
(3,037 Views)

I checked the cabling with a string.It is working properly.Now trying to give continuous numerical values as input,that is why using a random number generator.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32
(3,034 Views)

one more thing, the values displaying in the indicator after the timeout comment is varying.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32
(3,031 Views)

What is the error message you are getting?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32
(3,028 Views)

Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in read from port.vi
VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
(3,025 Views)

Hi Danil,

why don't you stick with your original thread(s)? I already told you not to create new threads over and over again...

What has changed since the other thread has closed?

Why do you open and close COM ports in each iteration?

Why don't you obey dataflow paradigm? You programmed a big race condition!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 32
(3,024 Views)

Hi,

It's a different VI that is why I started a new thread.

dataflow paradigm?can you explain in detail?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32
(3,022 Views)

Hi danil,

"dataflow paradigm?can you explain in detail?"

Well, it's the base of LabVIEW. You should go through the basics course...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32
(3,020 Views)

I mean where I disobayed the dataflow paradigm??I tried to read numerical values instead of string.I changed all datatypes to U32,then also no change in the output.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 32
(3,017 Views)