From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Different Type of Thermocouple Configuration on Agilent 34972A DAQ

Hello,

I'm an undergraduate research assistant in an energy lab. I have an Agilent 34972A DAQ and I need to measure 2 different types of thermocouple which are T type and J type. However, in LabVIEW, according to the special initializer of DAQ in LABVIEW, there is one resource input. Is there any way to configure the channels inside of the card (34901A 20-Channel Armature Multiplexer) separately by using LABVIEW configuration etc?

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,798 Views)

In the user manual I found this:

– Remote Interface Operation: You can use the MEASure? or CONFigure
command to select the probe type and thermocouple type. For example, the
following statement configures channel 301 for a J-type thermocouple
measurement.
CONF:TEMP TC,J,(@301)
You can also use the SENSe command to select the probe type and
thermocouple type. For example, the following statement configures channel
203 for a J-type thermocouple measurement.
SENS:TEMP:TRAN:TC:TYPE J,(@203)

Do you know your channel numbers? I haven't used this device, but I assume you can use 2 commands like

CONF:TEMP TC,T,(@301)

CONF:TEMP TC,J,(@302)

To configure two thermocouples of different types.

Message 2 of 5
(1,757 Views)

Hi Gregory, 

I solved the problem by resetting again the DAQ with the resetting VI in the same loop and connected the serial to the system to not take any error from the device. Your methodology might be another solution, but on LABIEW it can be solved. Thank you for your support. I'm worrying about your answers corresponding to my next questions. 

Best,

TE

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,722 Views)
Hi Tolga, congrats on finding a solution. Don't worry, if I see your future questions I'll try to help 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,712 Views)

Why not just use the Configure Temperature VI to configure the thermocouple type on each channel?

TCapture.PNG

Don't let the AG34970 on my VI's confuse you, the HP/Agilent/Keysight 34970A and 34972A are identical except for communication options.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 5 of 5
(1,687 Views)