Where is the DBL converter located?

Programming > Numeric > Conversion

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,195 Views)

@Falcon9a wrote:

the pic I have up there now only records the first digit

That's because the second thing in the string is not a number, it can't convert it.

Why don't you use Present (s) which is already orange, I mean a DBL?

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,191 Views)

@Falcon9a wrote:

screenshot.png

That's just silly and a waste of code. Do what I said about using the correct output of the function since you do not know how to do the conversion and doing the conversion is, as I said, silly.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,184 Views)

Hereuntitled.PNG

Sometimes small words big pictures helps

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,179 Views)

Dennis: The Elapsed Time output isn't going to give him the Date, which we wants.

The OP could log all of his data as strings, that way Time, Date, PM, AM etc can be logged Smiley Tongue No more pink to black converters. Smiley Tongue

Jeff: that's what I said.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,177 Views)

The numbers that my program record have to be compared to a separate recording, I figured it would be good to at least know how to make a present time text recording since they might not use the present (s) convention to record their data.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,167 Views)

So as I said, you can convert those two data points to strings, then just wire up Present Text straight to the Build Array. (The write VI is Polymorphic, it'll take numbers or text).

According to the way your VI is written, it may look like this.....

No silly Express VI Smiley Tongue

Richard

Message 18 of 20
(2,165 Views)

@Falcon9a wrote:

The numbers that my program record have to be compared to a separate recording, I figured it would be good to at least know how to make a present time text recording since they might not use the present (s) convention to record their data.

No problemo! changing a timestamp scale and epoch is kitty play---- for instance if you want a LabVIEW time stamp to be a dbl that Excel (or any MS Office product) uses just use this-

Its been in the code shareing area for years.

2.png

If you need another format (scale/epoch) it's pretty easy to do once you know the details

Message 19 of 20
(2,152 Views)

I guess the orage wire has the right value now

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(2,111 Views)