LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to send an email with Delivery Status Notification

Hello!

I am trying to do a vi that uses the .NET Constructor, and System(2.0.0.0), and DeliveryNotificationOptions.OnSuccess, but I don't know how to use it.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have a vi that handles some special emails that the company needs to send and then administrate the delivery notification responses, if it has reached the destination mailbox, and if it was read. I already have a vi client made for receiving the emails, but I want to configure the emails sent to have the Delivery Status Notification, and if it is possible the read notification.

Best regards,

Gilberto Garza 

Gilberto Garza Gzz.
Certified LabView Developer
Asesor Electrico, S.A. de C.V.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,483 Views)

Not sure if this is what you meant, but the DeliveryNotificationOptions is a bitwise flag enumeration:  You can get the value you need for a delivery receipt by using a static property node on the DeliveryNotificationOptions class.  Read receipts are a bit different.  For this, you apparently have to add a custom header to the email named "Disposition-Notification-To" where the value is the address where the reciept should be sent.  Of course the functionality relies on the recievers server supporting the functionality.  If you need more info, I would suggest searching MSDN since the question is more about the use of a Microsoft .Net assembly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,429 Views)