LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to push a renentrant dynamic dispatched method to open FP at run...

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to debug something on a target (no dev env) by getting a method's front panel visible each time it runs (I would typically just turn on remote debugging but the method is reentrant)- is this not possible with a method that's dynamically dispatched?

p27_0-1607345175299.png

I was thinking maybe my exe build doesnt include the vi or part of it but it's absolutely included and used functionality wise since I'm getting data from it...

p27_1-1607345378394.png

Is there something I dont know about with dynamic dispatch and front panels?  or maybe I'm just not awake yet and there's a simpler reason?

thx

edit: I just created a subvi that's not in the class and non reentrant and that isnt working either so now I'm thinking there's just something else I'm missing here...

edit2: so just setting the VI properties to open the vi when called works, but I would love to know why doing it programmatically with the vi server method doesnt work...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,165 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author p27

Typically the exe only includes the front panels of subvis that need them.  With dynamic dispatch the caller doesn't know what subvi it is calling so the front panel is going to be excluded from the build UNLESS the callee knows that it needs to have its front panel.  And simply attempting to invoke a method just isn't enough!   The vi properties need to require the FP

Exactly what you just proved to be true!  

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 3
(1,131 Views)

You may be able to set the vi properties in the build spec to enclude the FP as well... I can't check for sure via phone. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,124 Views)