LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find out how works a VI

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how works a VI that someone has made before me.

Here is an image, I hope enough big: http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4038/labview2ny4.png

This is a second loop of a VI used to read out sensors. There is 4 channels from a strain gauge, and also a temperature channel. The communication with the equipment is made via UDP.

From what I understand, in the top left-corner, "Command", "Offset Write" and "Length Write" are used to send UDP datagrams to the equipment and the command 0 is used to make a request of values. Then with UDP_Read and the two other numeric values we get this values, and we send them in the bottom corner on the left, where interrogations points are.

In fact, this interrogation points are functions having in input: numeric,lentgh,type,string and a diagram in output...

But then, we send a string in a select function with true or false. True or false can be define switching on or not an indicator for a channel on the front panel.
I don't understand why for false and true, we link the same signal, and that the difference is that for true, we transform it in a unsigned 32-bit integer.

Does someone get that please? If you have any other comments to help me understanding this VI, don't hesitate.

Thanks.

Regards Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,207 Views)
Hi,

I had a look at the code and my recommendation is to redesign at least this part of the code, following the rules of the LabVIEW style guide and the advice provided by the LabVIEW best practice tutorial.
Sorry that I can't be of greater help but in cases like this you will probably have to spend more time with debugging the code than it would take to reprogram it from the scratch.

Best regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,164 Views)
Hello,

Yes, I will make a new one at the end, but I wanted to see what problems and solutions there was before beginning. Anyway I understand the diagram know, it was not so difficult.

Thanks.

Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,143 Views)