From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying and failing at performing velocity measurements

Solved!
Go to solution

Not sure which of those counter types I have.

I'm using an NI-9178 chassis and NI 9411 digital input card, both of which are less than a year old.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(831 Views)

The manual for the 9178 refers to an STC3 chip.  I suspect it's got essentially the same behavior I described for the DAQ-STC3 chip in desktop plugin boards.  Unfortunately, that's bad news for your particular data sync needs.

A possible workaround is to configure an additional counter to do 2-edge separation measurement from the Arm Start trigger edge until the active frequency-measurement edge.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(820 Views)