LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truly Selected Tab (Invisible Tabs in Tab Control)

When the value of a Tab Control points at an invisible Tab the seemingly selected Tab (on the Front Panel) will be a different (visible) Tab.  Afaik Labview has no direct mechanism to find this "true" selected Tab.

Of course this shortcoming can be solved by manually correcting the value of the Tab Control to a visible Tab.  But just like with scrolling vertically in a text editor there is an advantage in keeping a virtual horizontal (or in this case "selected") position when not actively overruling this virtual value.

From what I gathered Labview will show the first visible Tab proceding the selected invisible Tab.  What happens if only (some) preceding Tabs are visible I have not yet figured out.

Does everyone here just manually set the Tab Control to always point to a visible Tab?  Or are work-arounds available to Labviews lacking "truly selected Tab" property node?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(777 Views)

I guess I'm not understanding the premise. How can the value of a Tab Control be an invisible tab?

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(760 Views)

A tab control acts similar to an enum with one item per tab page. Even if some tabs are set to not show, nothing prevents the programmer to write any value to the tab terminal using e.g. a local variable.

It would help if the OP could attach a small demo VI. I don't want to waste time doing my own mockup that may, or may not mirror the exact problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(725 Views)