From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles with IMAQ PCI-1428 connected to a Pulnix TM-1067CL camera

We have in our lab two setups running with an IMAQ PCI-1428 (IMAQ driver 2.6, Labview 2.6), which is connected to a Pulnix TM-1067CL camera.
Recently we built up a new setup using the same hardware. Unfortunatly, we now have a high risk of a timeout error upon initiating
a new image aquisition (the error happens during initialization after an Imaq session close command). Furthermore, the software is slower (100 Hz instead of 120 Hz)although we use a faster computer. What could be the possible cause of this problem?
It can not be a software problem as the other setups work fine. I realized that the latest version of the IMAQ PCI-1428 came with the IMAQ driver 3.0 and is not supported anymore by the 2.6 driver version. The mother board for the new setup (the one with the problems) is an Asus P4P800 SE. One of the setups which work fine has a ASUS P4P800. All other hardware is quite the same (1 GB RAM, 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 running on windows XP).

Thanks a lot for your support!

Best regards,

Ralf Seidel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,361 Views)
In most of the cases I came across where performance was a issue in new setups, the cause was some kind of hardware conflict. I would suggest disabling all hardware that is not needed like onboard sound cards (if available and not used of course) for example.

Since you also upgraded the driver to version 3.0, You have two options:

1. downgrade to version NI-IMAQ 2.6, this version does support the NI-1428.

2. Upgrade to NI-IMAQ 3.1.1 this is currently the latest version.

Since there have been a lot of changed with the version change to the core of the driver going from 2.x to 3.0. Upgrading to the latest version will give you the most bug fixes. Downgrading will make it identical with the older system.

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Karsten
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,339 Views)
Thanks for your help!
I now partially solved the problem, by using the new copy&aquire vi form the Imaq 3.1.1. Now the
aquisition speed is fine. It seems that I have less crashes upon initiating a new aquisition session,
although I still have to see how often they occur.

Best regards,

Ralf
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,332 Views)