LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles by changing the size of a bookmark header text Repot generation Toolkit

Hello everyone

I'm having  troubles getting the size of  a header text formatted into a different font size, I attach the code I'm using to get the work done.

At the end I get all I want from the report generation toolkit but the text size in the header and footer :(. Does Anyone have a clue?

text header size.PNG

Well the image is too small I'm getting an error when I try to post a bigger one. The thing is that the VI's used here to change the size are append report text.vi and format text.vi. The first one is used to insert text through bookmarks in the header and footer  (it works just gereat) and the second one is intended to change the size of the inserted text (it doesn't work at all) I've already used shift registers in the for loop but I get the same results. The last VI is dispose report.vi

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,397 Views)

Hi ulises.uribe

I can;t run your application because I'm missing some subVI's, that's why I can't see how your report is generate. I want to ask you if it is the opportunity that you can send us your VI with the subVI's and somo text document that I see over there. If you can include all of this on a .zip or .rar it will be great. Also have you try using the "Set Report Font.vi', also use the shift registers in the for loop that you have, cause if will help to pass the reference with modifications, another thing is to use the error wire trough all the VI from the report generation because in this way you can check from where is the error if you have some in any moment. Also save the report so you can see it and for stop your aplication is better way if you use a true constant in the case 'Stop' y false constant in the rest of the cases. 

You can see an examples on the find examples, go to Help>> Find Examples, when the new window open click in the tab of search and write Text Report, open the VI with the name 'Text Report.vi'

Best Regards

Julio Mena

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,393 Views)

Hello Julio9,

sorry for the waiting I had to clean the block diagram up and take into account some data security issues before I could post the information you asked me to. I have to tell you that I already came out with a patch for the issue nonetheless it is not the correct way to solve it and I would appretiate if you or anyone else could help me to do it right.

Here is what I changed:

In my code at the Initialize state (within the state machine) there is the New Report.vi I opened it to get also the new report SubVI.vi opened, afterwards I selected the NI_Word.lvclass: new report subvi.vi and opened it in its code yoou can easly see the double numeric constant value for the size of the text inserted as default. I just changed it from 12 to 8 to correct the formatting. As the outcome all the text inserted through the bookmarks have the default size (8 pts). 

I attached the new version of my code with all the documents you will need. Please follow these steps:

1.-Open the project named Verifica Temperaturas 2010.lvproj

2.-Run the main vi named Maquina Etdos verifica reporte 2.vi

3.-Check the option Laboratorio de Refrigeradores:

Image1.JPG

4.-Click OK

5.-Complete the information as shown:

Image2.JPG

(For Selecciona Machote pick the word document named Document.doc attached in the .zip file. For the Selecciona Archivo de temperaturas pick the Estacion1_21-02-2012.txt file also attached in the .zip file)

6.-Press Siguiente

After completing the steps you'll see how the document in created. As expected the size of the text in the header is 8 pts.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,383 Views)

Hi Ulises.uribe

I follow the steps that you give us, but after I click on siguiente the next error is show to me.

So if you can tell me again your problem please.

Best Regards 

Julio Mena

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,372 Views)

Hi Julio9, this error window pops when the error in the measured values is greater than the specified in the configuration field error máximo permisible. Please check that the parameters match the picture (because i guess you are leaving these values in zero wich leads to the popped window):

Image2.JPG

also verify that you are picking the right files in the right control path, that is Selecciona Machote must contain the path to the FTD16.doc file and Selecciona Archivo de temperaturas must contain the path to the Estacion 1_21-02-2012.txt file. All these files are contained in the data folder.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,361 Views)

Hi Ulises.Uribe

I have verified the values in every field, and they are just like you told me, I even raise the Error Maximo Permisible to 1.0 and I still get the same error, one thing that I noticed was the you told me to introduce in the field Selecciona Machote the document FTD16.doc, but you send me the document Document.doc, I think is the same just a different name and the other thing that happens to me was that after I run your project and do the configuration as you told me a new pop up window open asking me to select a file to read, I have trying with the Document.doc and with Estacion 1_21-02-2012.txt and the same error is happenig, do you know what file to I have to choose. And by the way do you try to use the Set Report Font.vi from the palette Report Generation?

Best Regards

Julio Mena

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,354 Views)