LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble writing a waveform to the PCIe-6536 board with DAQmx

Hello,

I am trying to write a boolean waveform to a PCIe-6536 board with DAQmx. When I run this program, the correct data is being written to the waveform graph, but it's not getting through to the board itself. Does the PCIe-6535 board accept a waveform? What am I doing wrong? I double checked the board with NI MAX, so I know the board itself works.

Thanks

Labview3.PNG

Labview4.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(700 Views)

Hi, may I confirm with you some details first?

1. Does the "Dev1/port0" & "Dev1/port1" is PCIe-6536 ?
  2. What's the function in the red circle? ( https://natinst.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/i0000000jTAB/a/3q000000CsJk/CFf1TpP7pi1YH9qGfVFA8gwwcWZb77n2... )
  3.  Would you mind share your VI? Although I can't help you modify your VI due to privacy issue, but I can help you identify where's the error.
  4.  If I not mistaken, the data process flow will be like :
    1. Write Digital waveform to PCIe-6536 (Digital Output)
    2. Read waveform data from PCIe-6536 (Digital Output) 
  5. If 4. is correct, maybe you should add DAQmx read.vi to read data from PCIe-6536?
  6. Is it loopback application?
  7. I found a similiar case for you as reference. How to Display Boolean Data on a Digital Waveform Graph - National Instruments (ni.com)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(622 Views)

1. You are stopping the task immediately after starting it.  You need some time delay or loop in between to give the task time to run.

2. I don't use digital waveforms much, but I'm not so sure that your task config of "1 channel for all lines" is compatible with your attempt to write a 1D array of waveforms.  Have you probed for errors?  Run in execution highlight mode to see where they occur?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(610 Views)