LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with using LabVIEW Core courses

Solved!
Go to solution

I greatly appreciate the on-line courses Core 1, 2 and 3. I have been programming on and off with LabView for about 15 years so my knowledge is spotty and never complete so that is why I may go though one core path then switch to another path. Currently I am going through Core 1 on my home computer but had to switch to Core 2 for some information for a project I am working on for my employer. I was also trying to do some of the Core 1 lessons on my work computer (different email) and that is when I started having trouble with the Learner Dashboard. It erased my progress with core 1 and core 2 like I had not even started or completed anything. A similar thing occurred when I was following the legacy learning tracks such as Core 2(2015) and others in the past. I can re-open the courses but it is like I am starting all over. Is there something I might of done or a reason for your system to delete all of the progress on my account?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,521 Views)

It's been so long since I've taken the online courses.  Is there maybe a "save progress" button that you aren't clicking?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,482 Views)
When you say "different email", does that mean a different NI user account? And you're saying logging into one user account erases the progress on the other?
Are you associating a LabVIEW license (with SSP) to access the courses, or are they free? If you have to associate the LabVIEW license, then I could see how the accounts might be interacting with each other. Try to use only a single account for the courses. I also found (several years ago) that internet explorer worked much more smoothly than chrome, but they may have ironed out those problems.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,442 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author peacefulpaul55

I have been using the same account to log in but I was wondering if the access of it is limited to one email address. My company paid for a single LabVIEW Base Development license so the courses are through that. My home email ( pauln04@comcast.net ) has been associated with LV licenses in the past, one under my own name and the other with FIRST robotics competition. Could that of cleared my history?

I will try to access it using Internet Explorer next time.

Paul

CheckSum, LLC

paul.norton@checksum.com

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,431 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author peacefulpaul55

Yes, Microsoft Edge probably works well too. But if you see the web browser makes no difference, you will probably have to contact NI for guidance (sometimes NI employees respond here).

Also, I would kindly suggest you edit your post and remove your email address, because people make bots to comb through pages like this looking for contact info.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,424 Views)