From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with bundle function on a cursor cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all

I have some trouble changing cursor properties using the cluster bundle function. I want to control where the cursors are placed and how they look.

As far as I understand from reading the help file, it should be possible just to change one or more of the items in the cluster with the bundle function, or 

am I missing something?

I have attached a VI that show my problem.

I am using Win 7 64bit, with LabVIEW 2009 SP1 64bit.

Thanks

-Tommy

-----
Running LabVIEW 2009 32bit SP1 on Windows 7 64Bit
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,486 Views)

You have an array of clusters going into the Bundle Node.  You need to put the cluster out of the array containder and wire that up.  You'll first have to disconnect the array from its typedef to be able to pull the constant out of the array container.  You will also want to use Bundle by Name if you only want to change a few items.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 02-24-2010 11:00 AM
Message 2 of 6
(2,479 Views)
The cursor list is an array of clusters. To add a single cursor, your bundle function needs the cluster element.
Message 3 of 6
(2,477 Views)

Hello

Thanks for the tip, now my problem is that I am not quite sure how to convert the cluster back to a type I can input on the cursor list.

Help please 🐵

Once again I have included the VI 🐵

Thanks!

-Tommy

-----
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,465 Views)
Solution
Accepted by tombech

Hello again....

Allright I just added a build array and corrected some minor error in the property list and now it works!

Thanks alot for the support guys!

Have a nice day! 

I have attached the final working program if anyone have the same problem as me.

Regards

Tommy

-----
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,460 Views)
Instead of the Insert Into Array, it would be better to use the Build Array function. You would not need to convert the new cursor element into an array in either case. Just look at the code that Ravens Fan posted.
Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-24-2010 09:55 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,450 Views)