LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble wiring a 1-d waveform to the Array To Spreadsheet String.vi

What I am trying to do is add a few other columns for data logging. I can use the Write To Spreadsheet File vi, and it works fine. The problem is I want to just leave the file open and write data to it until the acquistion is done.

I keep getting an error saying the data types are different, but the error message shows them as the same data type! Here it is:

You have connected two terminals of different types.
The type of the source is 1-D array of Waveform.
The type of the sink is 1-D array of Waveform.

I am running LabView6.1 on windows xp professional.
Have I missed something???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,429 Views)
Hello,

I was able to wire a 1D Array of Waveforms to the "1D Data" input of the "Write to Spreadsheet File" VI without receiving a broken wire. I am not sure why you are getting that error, although I have in the past received similar errors when working with clusters, where the datatype of the source and sink appeared to be the same, and the problem ended up being with the cluster order of the elements inside the clusters. Order is not an issue with Waveforms, though. Perhaps you could attach a simple VI or screenshot that demonstrates the problem?

Good luck, and have a nice day,
Darren
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,429 Views)
Are you througing more than one Y set into a Wform? The Wform wired to the file open create write should match the type being written.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,429 Views)