From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble understanding what data type to pick and how to graph these values

In my VI (attached) I am trying to read in some voltage data from an NI DAQ but I don't know exactly what data type to pick, and I think that this is really screwing up my plotting and data calcs later on. Right now I have 6 channels, and I need to separate them as they come in and do different things with that data. I have tried to do so with the split arrays based on advice given to me on here in the past and it sort of works. 4 channels receive the same treatment so I put those in a for loop to try and clean things up a bit was this wrong? I am under the impression that duplicated calculations are a bad idea and a for loop is a better choice.

I need the VI to update once a second as smoothly as possible but the data comes in way faster than I process and display it it seems. For example the 4 stacked plots on the right dont update until 300 samples have been taken (or somewhree around there) But the seconds counter I have and the averages at 30 or 1min come up just fine. But the big rate graph isnt showing anythign! Where is the data going? I have a value showing up in the instant box why is tehre none on the graph?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,215 Views)

Since you are only reading 1 sample at a time, you should use a 1D Array of Doubles, not an array of waveforms.

Your FOR loop isn't necessary since LabVIEW can act on your arrays.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,199 Views)

Well arent i reading 6 samples at a time? one from each channel at that time point? I need to separate those out and group 4 of them. I have probably gone about doing so horribly htough.

how can i separate out the data from the array so i can average all samples at once a second? before I send that to the graph that is.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,193 Views)