LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble "filtering" intensity graph

Hello everybody, 

So I've been working on visualizing real-time data in an intensity graph. My issue is that there are certain points where I don't get any data so they stay white while the information is displayed in grayscale. My intention was to filter the intensity graph array filling the no-data values with the mean of the surrounding pixels. If I'm not wrong, that is what a convolutional filter is suposed to do (or thats what I get from here) but I'm not sure how to apply it in my case, or which VI to use. 

All help is apreciated. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,497 Views)

Hi MrX,

what have you tried so far?

I would index the surrounding pixel values, get their mean and replace the "missing" pixel with that mean value…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 3
(2,483 Views)

Hello again,

I've already tried that, but often there are more than 4 pixels without data and the results are not as optimal as I would expect. Since I'm working on a realtime aplication, constantly refreshing, I wanted to do it by sectors and even then that solution was not fast enough.. Thats why im trying to think about some kind of work arround that can fastly filter the whole plot in each cycle. Don't even know if its possible. Thank you anyway for the answer, is apreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,467 Views)