LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble myRIO Personalities: Default is the only option

Hello,

I'm amused with the possibilities myRIO can provide, but I have a issue that I can't handle myself.

I need to acquire an analog signal and plot it, applying the Fast Fourier Transfor (FFT), but when I used the express VI to read this signal, I've got a DBL value, not a dynamic data.

I've reading and found that there are two  high-speed analog data access (which could help me delivering dynamic data), however I need to use the myRIO high-throughput personality and it isn't avaible for choose when creating a new FPGA project on labview.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,084 Views)

Hey mbriago,

I went through the NI-myRIO toolkit help and found out that, in order to use the high-throughput personality, you must install the NI High Throughput Add-on for myRIO.

"The High Throughput FPGA Personality VIs appear on the myRIO palette only after you install the NI High Throughput Add-On for myRIO. Visit ni.com/info and enter the Info Code ex6g5a to learn about the High Throughput Add-On for myRIO."

Following the instructions described above takes you to this tutorial, teaching you how to use the Add-on and, at the end, links for downloads are provided.

Please, try to download, install and use the Add-on as shown on the Tutorial. Let me know if that worked out.

Sincerely,

Felipe Flores
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,028 Views)

Hi Felipe, 

I know this has been a number of months old, but when I visited the tutorial page, there was no link at the end of the page to download the High Throughput add-on.

May I know if there is another way to download it? I am currently using LabVIEW 2015. The only option I found on the ni.com search was the 2014 version

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,959 Views)

Hey Victor, I'm having the exact same issue as you. There doesn't seem to be a single download link available on the internet for 2015

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,949 Views)

Hi VLg and ClassicalApple.

Another way to download the High Throughput add-on for myRIO is using the VI Package Manager. The version available there is 15.0.0.2.

Please, try searching for the add-on and installing it through the Package Manager. I believe it should help. Let me know if that worked out. 

Best Regards,

Lígia T. Ferreira
National Instruments Brazil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,924 Views)

Hi Lígia,

Thanks for the reply! 

Yes, I have checked out VI Package Manager, and that certainly solved the problem on my end. Thank you. 🙂

If I would like to upgrade my LabVIEW to newer versions (say 2017), do you know where would I be able to download the add-on? 

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,922 Views)

Hi Victor.

You’re welcome. I’m glad to know it worked out!

If you need to use LabVIEW 2017 you can also download the add-on through the Package Manager. It’ll show you what’s the compatible version.

Best Regards,

Lígia T. Ferreira
National Instruments Brazil

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,917 Views)

Hi Lígia,

Thanks once again for the fast response!

Have a good weekend ahead. 🙂

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,910 Views)