cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Trouble Shooting] FlexRIO cannot read camera-link camera image

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Now I'm working on the FlexRIO PXIe-7972R + NI 1483 for the camera-link camera. I already installed and connect all devices properly. The camera I used is pco.edge 4.2, with full camera-link communication, support for 10-tap 8-bit data. I just modify the example code from "10-Tap 8-Bit Camera". Now, I can detect the camera clock as figure, and the module is enabled. I use the IO Module\CL Control 1 to send the trigger command. However, when I start to acquire the image and send the trigger, there is no any image transmitted. I also discover the IO Module\CL Frame, CL Line, and CL Data are not valid as figure. Is anyone know where might have problem? Thanks.FlexRIONI1483.png

Best,

Yong

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,431 Views)

Do you mind to attach your code? Which version of the Camera File Generator that you install?

pco.edge_42_A_data_sheet.pdf
https://www.ctk-instruments.com/pco.edge_42_A_data_sheet.pdf

Message 2 of 9
(3,388 Views)

Thanks for reply. Sure, the attachment is my latest code. I just realize that I have to set the camera configuration via serial port of camera-link(SerTC). I still works get stuck on the serial communication between PCO camera and my FlexRIO. Do you know how to sent serial command via SerTC port? I have attachment some references. 

So far, I have two direction.

One is utilize the PCO SDK (SC2_Cam.dll).

The other is via serial server from LabView.

Best,

Yong Da

Message 3 of 9
(3,384 Views)

Well, I think you can try to use the PCO SDK (SC2_Cam.dll) instead of using the serial server from LabVIEW. After you install PCO SDK, it may be direct communicate with the camera. You can download the driver from the PCO official website.

https://www.pco.de/support/software-plugins/scmos-cameras/pcoedge-55/

Message 4 of 9
(3,369 Views)

Hi, AlysaOng,

Thanks for reply. However, I have question. Due to our camera already linked on the NI 1483 adapter (FlexRIO module); therefore, I cannot use the frame grabber from PCO. In this situation, the PCO SDK (SC2_Cam.dll) still can workable, thanks?

Best,

Yong Da

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,364 Views)

Hi Yong,
I have discussed with my colleagues, we are not very sure, but think that it should be workable. Do you mind trying to check it out?

Message 6 of 9
(3,351 Views)

Hi, AlysaOng,

Thanks for reply. So far, I only got some error; therefore, I'm not so sure. I will continue try to figure out, thanks.

dlltest.png

I can load the clsernif.dll.

dlltest0.png

Best,

Yong

Message 7 of 9
(3,347 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author volume2

Finally, I got is works, this is really suffer me. I just need to let the TCP server run first, and then utilize the PCO SDK for the generic serial connection. The FlexRIO interface clsernif.dll is necessary to establish the serial communication to camera via NI-1483 as following hyperlink. Now it works as following figure, but still have some bug, because the PCO camera utilizes camera-link 10-taps for 16-bits data format. However, the FlexRIO example code only support for 10-tap 8-bit data format. This mean there is still long way to go. The torture is not over yet. Smiley Sad

Thanks

About clsernif.dll result can see this article:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Trouble-Shooting-FlexRIO-NI-1483-with-PCO-camera-link-TCP-serial/m-...

Result: 

圖片1.png

Best,

Yong 

Message 8 of 9
(3,298 Views)

Hi Yong,

Glad to hear that your camera works! I got a similar problem and I was wondering if you could have any clue.

I have a Basler SpL4096 camera which connected to my FrameGraber (Pcie-1473r) through cameralink wires. Now the NI MAX as well as pylon CL can recognize the frame grabber but I cannot detect the camera through pylon CL?

Thank you!

Sophia

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,770 Views)