From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering several 2182 with one 6221

Hi everyone,

I am starting a project where I need to source current using a Keithley 6221 and measure voltages simultaneously with four different Keithley 2182. The general idea is to write a LabVIEW code that mimics the Delta Mode but that can be performed by the four 2182 at once.  These latter need to be triggered by 6221. This is where my problems begin. Attached you will find a VI that generates the current signal I want (steps of different polarity) and a VI through which one 2182 is triggered externally by the 6221 and stores the readings in its buffer.  One issue I have is that I do not know how to make the 2182 communicate back with the 6221 once it is triggered the first time,  so that now I  have to externally trigger the 2182 every time I want a measurement. The goal here would be to trigger the 2182 only once and have it talk back and forth with the 6221 once the current signal is started. The communication scheme I want is essentially the same as in the Delta Mode but I need to do it with LabVIEW so that I can extend it to the other 2182's. 

The four 2182's and the 6221 are connected with GPIB and 8503 cables (Trigger link to two male BNC connectors). I had to use BNC T-pieces to connect them all. 

The Delta Mode Example from the drivers was not very helpful. 

I am new in LabVIEW so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,134 Views)

I have a similar problem. Curious if you find a solution somehow to trigger 2182A by 6221

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(489 Views)