cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering (on/off) data acquisition for an analog input

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I want to acquire a signal from a machine controller and save the data in a tdms file. To develop this application I created a simulated task. Everything is going well so far, except triggering the data acquisition. I want the application to start saving the data when the signal passes a specific value and to stop it when the signal is lower then the value, so it is an ongoing data acquisition that only saves the data when it is higher then the defined limit.

I already tried to use the DAQmx Trigger Vi but I always get the following error when I use it.

Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.

Property: Start.TrigType
Requested Value: Analog Edge
Possible Values: Digital Edge, None

I also read a lot of different posts about this topic, but I'm still not able to get this going.

I am pretty new to LabVIEW so please excuse if I ask some queries.

Attached is a picture and the Vi itself.

trig.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,042 Views)

Just i am curious to know, what is the purpose of the sequence structure in the attached code.

Answering to you question, You can have a comparision factor before Writing into file  and the make comparision output as a deciding facotr for a case whether to log or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,036 Views)

Modified code without sequence structure and added case for Log OFF and ON, You just need to Compare with the Limits you specify insted=ad of constant True to a case structure

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,031 Views)

Hey Palanivel,

Thank you very much for the answer. I wasn't sure if the case structure is needed, but it seems like its not 😛

I am using LabVIEW 2014, so unfortunately I can't open your file. Is there a possibility for you to save the VI in a LV14 accessible version?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,027 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ZMK16

Modified code has beed saved in LV2014

Message 5 of 5
(3,024 Views)