LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering an event on a picture created with LV Scripting

Hi,

I have a VI that is creating a scripted VI with a couple of pictures in it, opens the front panel and executes the scripted VI. Now I want to trigger an event by clicking on one of the pictures. I thought I might be able to do that using the mouse modifiers property node, but it looks like the VI does not react on events on the scripted VI's front panel.

If anyone had any idea on how to proceed I would really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,155 Views)

Not sure I fully understand what you're trying to do, maybe if you post some code it would get clearer.

What sort of "picture" is on the scripted VI's front panel? A picture control of simply an image place on the front panel (that would then be a FP decoration).

If you want to generate a programatic mouse click, you can do it using user32.dll, see this :

Example_VI_BD.png

Or if the scripted VI is running and has an event structure set to catch a mouse click on a certain FP control, maybe you could simply open a ref to that FP control and use a value (signaling) property node so that the event catches it.

Hope this helps

A good place to get help with scripting stuff is here : https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/labview-apis

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,150 Views)