From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering an event from a Menu Ring when the user selects the same item

Solved!
Go to solution

I probably would just add a small latch action button (next to the ring) that says "Repeat" on it.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(823 Views)

Another option would be a listbox. It is less clunky (your words) because all items are visible (no clunky "click...move...release" action needed).

You can create an event for "listbox... Double-click" and the action will be triggered even if the item is already selected.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(813 Views)

@aputman wrote:

You can do what Altenbach says adding the dummy state.  And add a Mouse Down event to cause it to Reinit to Default and a Value Change to catch the new value.  This works for me on a menu ring, even when selecting the same value.

I tried that too.  It works unless they click and decide to NOT add a value.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(800 Views)

Try the attached VI and tell me why it doesn't work for you.  It seems to work to me unless there is something about it that doesn't work in your scenario.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 14 of 15
(797 Views)

Thanks for this solution!

As long as you can live with a dummy value within the ring it works perfectly.

To make it bulletproof you can add the dummy-value to the list of deactivated elements.

I added it to your example.

Kind regards,

Jonas

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(576 Views)