LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggered Output at 1khz Rep Rate

I'm using LabView 7.1 and a 6052E NI DAQ card.  I'm working with a 1khz system, which inputs a train of 5 microsecond pulses (~ 1.36 V amplitude) to my trigger connection.  I hope for each pulse to trigger an output voltage, but in my program, I noticed that the computer only outputs the desired voltage every fifth or sixth pulse (i.e triggerring every 5 or 6 milliseconds instead of every 1 millisecond). 

I made the attached program to test at what rate the computer could trigger and produce output.  It is intended to output a stepped function every time there's an input pulse.  As far as I know I have the minimum code within the while loop to perform the output on each input trigger. However, this program will only catch every fourth trigger.  Is there a better way to go about doing this to catch every trigger?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,459 Views)

I'ved included an image of an example available in the Example Finder that looks similar to your application. I'm curious to know the purpose of the case statements around each of vi. in your program, I don't think they're necessary.

2009-07-09_165100.jpg

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,440 Views)
Thanks for the reply; I'm checking it out to see if it will produce a higher acquisition rate.  I used DAQ assistant to generate a task (triggered acquisiton of N samples at 100kS/s), and then just placed the while loop around the part where it actually takes measurements.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,438 Views)
What's the sub vi which is next to the leftmost one?  (it has a square wave, a triangular wave, and a sawtooth wave on it).
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,436 Views)

The example he displayed is the Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Ext Clk-Dig Start.vi. The subvi is Waveform Buffer Generation (multi).vi located in the examples/DAQmx/_Utilities library.

Hope this helps.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,418 Views)