From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger from digital input - DAQ acquisition time control issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Ignore most of this, but I'll point out the salient parts ...

Trigger AI.png

Here we build the A/D Task, starting with the device (here a USB-6009) coming in on Triax Dev.  At the very top, we build the Trigger Task by adding /PFI0 to the end of the string naming the USB Device.  The stuff in the middle is building the A/D DAQ Task (using linear scale factors, which is why it looks so busy in the middle).  The last two function set the Sample Clock (Finite, 400 samples at 1kHz) and set the Trigger that we defined in the upper Left corner as the A/D Trigger on the Rising Edge.  Now, when a TTL signal comes into the PFI0 input, the A/D will take 400 points at 1kHz.  Trigger in, samples out.  [There are, of course, DAQmx Reads to get the data in so we can use it, but that's another VI].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(308 Views)

Thank you GerdW, i used a shift register and an implies function...crazy that it was a logic fix.  I still need to learn how the DAQmx Trigger VI works, but this will get it done.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(308 Views)

@coolhandLV7 wrote:

Thank you GerdW, i used a shift register and an implies function...crazy that it was a logic fix.  I still need to learn how the DAQmx Trigger VI works, but this will get it done.

What?  I'm not an Engineer, but even I know that when a TTL signal goes from Low to High, you get a Rising Edge, and when it stays High, goes from High to Low, or stays Low, you don't.  So you don't need to do anything except wire the TTL level to the Trigger Input terminal of the A/D and set Trigger to "Rising Edge" (as I showed you in my Snippet) ...  The other thing I learned is "Don't try to replicate in Software what is already fully fleshed out in Hardware" [I just made that up].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(293 Views)