LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger distribution from ADC to framgrabber

Solved!
Go to solution

So I need a way to coordinate a line CCD line acquisition and a sample from an ADC (100 points in this case).

I'm running on a PXIe-1082, with a 6115 ADC and a 1435 frame grabber.  The camera attached is a Teledyne Dalsa Piranha 4.

Currently I can't get the camera to trigger off the input from the ADC (ai/StartTrigger line).  I can get the ADC to trigger properly, but that's it.  The camera just sits there.  It's waiting for a signal on CC1.

My input source is a 100kHz TTL.  I'm not absolutely sure that the trigger is being sent to any PXI_Trig lines, thought I've tried setting that up several different ways.

I need to trigger the camera and not the framegrabber because I need very precise timing and the camera has to use the external trigger as an acquisition clock.  Any drift between the camera's internal clock and the external timing signal make it useless.

- I've tried setting the Camera Control Line Source setting in MAX to have CC1 External, source 0.  I've also tried RTSI, source 0.  Neither causes the camera to trigger.

- I've tried using the IMAQ Trigger Route2 VI with several different wirings, but I think this just configures the framegrabber and has so far not worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,885 Views)

Hi Bertgreen,

could you please provide us with the information what you already have done? It is easier if you provide me with the project you have tried so far.

Thanks!

Best regards

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,837 Views)

OK , here's what I tried most recently.

PXISlot5/PFI0 is the input trigger signal from an external source.

I'm attempting to route it to PXI_TRIG5, then use PXI_TRIG5 to either trigger the framegrabber (using RTSI 5 as a source) or to drive CC1.  Neither of these work.

I have the ADC set up to trigger on PXI_TRIG5 and it works fine.

The only way I've been able to get the framegrabber to work is to set the camera control lines to the default inputs in MAX.  This will acquire lines at some arbitrary speed, but only if there's no trigger set up with IMAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,829 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bertgreen

Ok, so I'm a bonehead apparently.  The above example actually does work.  It also works if you turn off the IMAQ trigger and route the RTSI 0 into CC1 through MAX.

The problem was that I had my pulse generator set to 10Hz, and not 100kHz like it was supposed to be.  This made my acquisitions time out before they got the required 100k lines.

Thanks for your time, though.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,810 Views)

Hi!

happens to all of us from time to time.

I suppose it would have took some time for me to get to the bottom of that probem Smiley Happy

Best regards

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,806 Views)