LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial and Error math?

I was drilling down into an express VI "Collector" and was writing off the use of FP controls that are not on the icon connector being used to save state from call to as being due to the Express VIs being older than feedback nodes and then I stumbled across this ...

Trial_n_Error_Math.png 

after drilling down a couple of layers. Again ignoring the array wired to the While loop but the functionality of the While Loop had me scratching my head and thinking Whiskey Tango Foxtot ?

Can someone explain what that while loop is doing?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,718 Views)

Iterate untill 1 based loop counter crosses specified value

Looks like a very funny way to do subtraction...

Result of the whole case structure in true case is just Size, as it should be: if array long enough, take last Size elements that you need to hold.

Message 2 of 4
(2,678 Views)

It's adding 1 to a counter again and again until the counter equals the difference of the two values being subtracted from one another.  Don't you like doing things the Rube way?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 3 of 4
(2,677 Views)

Do you still like express vis?

express vi.png

Message 4 of 4
(2,657 Views)