LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Version Not Viewing Everything in .LVPROJ File

We recently downloaded a trial version of LabVIEW that included a large list of software/programs. We are trying to set up a NI cRIO-9063 module to data log temperatures on a trailer, but for our use it will only be a one time setup. Following instructions we received from another NI customer we were finally able to open a .LVPROJ file but once opened we could no longer follow the instructions.  It appears as if the plug-in/module required to view/interact with the physical unit within the LabVIEW software is not available to us at the moment. 

What I am looking to figure out is what would we need to be able to continue working with the project file? Is that something that can be easily answered or will we need to purchase a whole bunch of software for a one time use.

Attached is a screenshot of the error message.

Thanks,

Jordan Yost 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,746 Views)

Software you could be missing:

1. LabVIEW Real Time (RT)

2. LabVIEW FPGA

3. cRIO Device Drivers

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,724 Views)

@Jordan.Yost wrote:

We recently downloaded a trial version of LabVIEW that included a large list of software/programs. We are trying to set up a NI cRIO-9063 module to data log temperatures on a trailer, but for our use it will only be a one time setup. Following instructions we received from another NI customer we were finally able to open a .LVPROJ file but once opened we could no longer follow the instructions.  It appears as if the plug-in/module required to view/interact with the physical unit within the LabVIEW software is not available to us at the moment. 

What I am looking to figure out is what would we need to be able to continue working with the project file? Is that something that can be easily answered or will we need to purchase a whole bunch of software for a one time use.

Attached is a screenshot of the error message.

Thanks,

Jordan Yost 

This seems to me like an "ethical" violation of the trial version license.  You aren't "trying to buy" - you're trying to get away with using LabVIEW for just a day to get some data.  I know LV is quite expensive - especially for a one-shot deal - but still...

So why can't you just get permission to use this "other NI customer" license for a day, then uninstall the license when you're done?  It's marginally more ethical.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,652 Views)