LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmit data using dynamic ip

Hi,

i need some guidance .. i need to transmit data from my computer to a server using a dynamic ip. can anyone help me how this thing can be done

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,394 Views)

You'll need to be more specific. What kind of data? Is the server running some LabVIEW code? Have you looked at the TCP/IP examples that ship with LabVIEW?

Why would a server have a dynamic IP?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,366 Views)

Hi  smercurio_fc ,

Im sorry making things so confusing, is it possible to send data (text) from a computer which is using dynamic ip to 2 different servers. I have try using TCP Communicator its work. But i tried with both fix ip's. if i have dynamic ip..how possible i can transmit the message from the server to computer that message been received.

Yup i want this module in labview 8.0, i just need some guidelines..currently i havent started to the module yet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,359 Views)
You should be able to use the computer name rather than its IP address.  Assuming that the computer name can be resolved, it should work just as well as the IP address.  Try doing a ping by computer name in a command prompt window.  Also try doing a ping -a by IP address and see if it returns the computer name.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,352 Views)

I agree with raven

There is a function called "String To IP" and "IP To String" and using the combination of these you can get the IP of the PC by providing the Name of the PC.

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,345 Views)

Thanks Raven and Guru.

Is it possible either then sending data through ip..i want send data to to a web..example:https//www.abc.com.

how to do this function..can i get an example?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,332 Views)
have you tried the web server?
Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,325 Views)
Hi Guru, not yet tried..i need some guidance on it..Please help
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,321 Views)
if you just search ni.com you will find lots of resourced regarding this. However as a try go to tools->webservicing tool to launch the same. now select the vi which you want to publish (follow the steps)
Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,313 Views)

jeyanthi wrote:

Thanks Raven and Guru.

Is it possible either then sending data through ip..i want send data to to a web..example:https//www.abc.com.

how to do this function..can i get an example?

Your question is meaningless. Send what data? Are you trying to create a LabVIEW web browser client? Is there a web service that you want to access on abc.com? 

Please provide some substantive comments as to exactly what you are trying to do. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,299 Views)