From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitioning a legacy program from Stacked Sequence Structure - alternatives?

@RTSLVU wrote:

I admit I got lazy on this one. There are only four cases and used the "Used Default if Unwired" just so I would not have to wire across all the cases.   

That's what Linked Tunnels are for (new as of LabVIEW 8.6).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(409 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@RTSLVU wrote:

I admit I got lazy on this one. There are only four cases and used the "Used Default if Unwired" just so I would not have to wire across all the cases.   

I know, but I meant I was also too lazy to cleanup after the mess "Create and Wire Unwired Cases" makes.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(406 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@RTSLVU wrote:

I get leary about using linked tunnels. I had a VI get corrupted and I would get very strange results when I executed the VI. After working with NI they determined that the cause of the issue was a corrupt VI caused somehow by the linked tunnels. Granted, this was a sizeable state machine and I had to recreate the entire VI in order to fix the problem. Ever since then I have avoided using linked tunnels even though I like them.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 23 of 26
(403 Views)

@Mark_Yedinak wrote:

I had a VI get corrupted and I would get very strange results when I executed the VI. After working with NI they determined that the cause of the issue was a corrupt VI caused somehow by the linked tunnels. Granted, this was a sizeable state machine and I had to recreate the entire VI in order to fix the problem. Ever since then I have avoided using linked tunnels even though I like them.

Weird.  I have used them extensively ever since they came out and never had an issue.  One of my favorite features to come out in that time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(400 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Mark_Yedinak wrote:

I had a VI get corrupted and I would get very strange results when I executed the VI. After working with NI they determined that the cause of the issue was a corrupt VI caused somehow by the linked tunnels. Granted, this was a sizeable state machine and I had to recreate the entire VI in order to fix the problem. Ever since then I have avoided using linked tunnels even though I like them.

Weird.  I have used them extensively ever since they came out and never had an issue.  One of my favorite features to come out in that time.

I agree. I love the feature. But it cost me days of debugging and then a day or so to rewrite the VI. After than I have been afraid to use them. This was back in LV 2013 or 2014 if I recall.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 25 of 26
(397 Views)

I remember this thread.  Following these steps created an unsavable VI.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(387 Views)