LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring data from TDS3054C oscilloscope o PC

Transferring data from TDS3054C oscilloscope o PC

Hello, I'm not very good in programming, so hope that smb will help me.

I have 3 oscilloscopes: MDO4104C, MDO3014 and TDS3054C. They are in sample mode, 10k or 100k points of data.

After the experiment we need to transfer data via LAN to PC. I wrote a program in LV using TDS3k drivers, which worked also on MDO oscilloscopes.

After data controlling I noticed interesting thing: data on MDO oscilloscope are the same as when I save data on USB storage. BUT on TDS oscilloscope data differs from the data transferred via LAN. Where could be a problem?

For example, here are data gathered from USB and via LAN for the same time moments:
USB LAN
112 108
108 108
96 92
92 92
112 108
100 100
92 92
0 -4
4 4
0 -4
100 100
88 84
24 20
8 4
20 20
8 4

So when I see grafs, it looks okay, but I think data on USB must the same as data gathered via LAN.

Please help. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(566 Views)

Do you pause capture before doing both?  Is there a chance that the scope is writing one triggered capture to the USB and a different one when queried over LAN?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(530 Views)

Yes, I tried in different quees: first via LAN and then via USB storage, and then first via USB and so on. I did not do that at the same time.

It's really looks like oscilloscope send a little bit different data to LAN and USB storage. I dont know how to explain it if another two oscilloscopes(MDOseries) works properly. I used the same plug and play TDS3k series drivers for all three scopes. May be these drivers are not good for TDS3k :D.

P.S. by the way, I did not use initialize functions, I used only "openVisa" functions, because mostly these scopes already have good setups, for concrete experiments, so my program only ask some setups and then if there were acquired a signal, it querys for data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(514 Views)