LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring LeCroy 9304A screendump

Hello!
I want to transfer a screendump from my o'scope LeCroy 9304A to my pc via GPIB interface using a Labview vi. The transferred file is a bitmap file I guess. If I use the Instrument I/O assistant Query and parse (command: SCDP), how do I make a nice image of all the binary data?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,953 Views)
Are you trying to take a screen capture of the image and save is as a bitmap?

If so, it may be possible. I accomplished that with a R&S Spectrum analyzer before they came out with a nice little tool that does it... It was an interesting project.... .... ...

Unfortunately, I have not automated the LeCroy scope. However, I would suggest transferring the bitmap image as acquired (and stored?) by the scope. Look at the GPIB commands to remotely take a screen capture. (I'm trying to remember the trick I did.. a few years ago already).

I acquired the image and sent a requested to transfer the file as a datastream.

Look at the set of commands to save / store images or files and the transfer commands. It should be a good starting point.

-good luck-

JLV
Message 2 of 10
(3,952 Views)
You only need the trace data
then you can already plot this in a graph.
If you need an example I can send you a vi or post it here.
I wait for a respons.
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,952 Views)
Hello Albert!
I have already tried to transfer just the trace data and display it in "my own" graph but first the resolution looked bad (could not find a way to improve it) and secondly, I would like to have a screendump with all the info that is shown in there.

regards
L
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,952 Views)
Ok
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,952 Views)

Hi can anybody send me LeCroy 9304A GPIB PROGRAMMING AND LABVIEW DRIVER by Zip file at my email:royritayan@gmail.com

I am really in need.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,562 Views)

That's something you can do yourself. In LabVIEW, go to Tools>Instrumentation>Find Instrument Drivers and search for 9304. Or, go directly to http://sine.ni.com/idnetwork/ and start your search from there.

p.s. Not really a good idea to post your email in a public forum.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,558 Views)
Here is a vi that will wit for the scop to be triggered then transfer a screen dump, save it to a file and display it on the screen.

This works on Lecroy 93xx series and Waverunners, I am sure you can change it to fit your scope if needed.

Message Edited by RTSLVU on 02-27-2008 12:05 PM
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,555 Views)
I have done this with a HP analyzer, it was a little tricky since you had to first save the dump on the analyzer hard drive then transfer the file.  The transfer is slow on GPIB (so wait for transfer to complete) , then delete the file on the analyzer (since the temp file could not be over-written).  The screen dump was a gif (the transfered GPIB string starts with GIF) then it is saved as a file and opened in a gif viewer.  It was a moderate amount of work and really slowed down the system but was a requirement on the system.  I am not sure in lecroy is similar but this is what was needed for the HP analyzer I used.

Paul
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,544 Views)
Doh! you will need the rest of the vi's for my example to work!
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,539 Views)