LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring LV Project causes many problems

@SylvainF wrote:

Hi everybody,

I am having trouble trying to transfer a project from a machine to another... What I did is I zipped the entire project and then transferred it. The project builds without errors on the first machine. On the second one, I don't get a broken arrow, but when I try to build the app, I get the following message :

"There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\Harddisk4\DR4"

I click "Continue", then I get 10 other identical messages in a row, but with 3 instead of 4. I dismiss them all, then LabVIEW crashes.

I have also tried other ways to distribute the application. I tried Save as->Include all dependencies, but doing that always results in a crash after I get a message saying "This operation will save 1 file(s) over existing files...". This always happens for the same file. I found that I had another vi of the same name in another library, which I renamed, but I still get this error...

Another srange thing is that when I do a mass compile of certain librairies on the first machine, I will not get any errors, whereas I will get many errors doing a mass compile of the same librairies on the second machine. 

Problem solved. 

In order for the project to compile on my other system, I had to increase the Graphical Device Interface (GDI) and User Handles Windows registries so there is enough available memory.

Procedure:

1. Hit Windows+R
  2. Enter regedit
  3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
  4. Modify the keys GDIProcessHandleQuota and USERProcessHandleQuota to 20000(in decimal, max value is 65536)

However, this constitutes a workaround, and the code should be optimized to consume less resources...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(151 Views)