LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer functions in the 64 bit version of Labview 2011

Hallo all,

I am running a 64 bit version of Labview 2011 and I would like to know is it possible to use transfer functions in this version?

I found only a 32 bit version of Control Design and Simulation Toolkit, is there something else I could use for this?

Thank you,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,419 Views)

Vladimir,

That is correct. At the moment we do not have Control Design and Simulation Module for 64-bit LabVIEW. However, you can install the 32-bit version of LabVIEW into the 64-bit OS (it will show under Program Files (x86) folder), and then, install and use the LV CD&SIM. The "32-bit" products works normally in 64-bit machines. The only time you would need to use LabVIEW 64-bit is when you deal with large files, which is rarely the case for transfer functions.

Hope this helps.

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
Message 2 of 6
(2,397 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your posting in this forum. Unfortunately you cannot use this function in the LabVIEW x64. You can check the link below

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-64-bit-support-for-modules-and-toolkits/td-p/996044/page/2

But you can try the option below, but I cannot say that it would work.

You can install the LabVIEW x32 and then Control Design & Simulation Module .

Then copy the library of this module somewhere else.

Then you can install the LabVIEW x64 and copy that library in its folder.

Maybe it works.

Regards,

Hossein

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,395 Views)

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try copying the folder to the 64 bit program folder. If it doesn't work, I will try running the .vi in the 32 bit version. I will let you know if it is possible to migrate the toolkit to the 64 bit version.

Best regards,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,393 Views)

Just FYI, copying won't work. The module is not 100 % G-based source code and the call library node is not compiled to Windows 64.

You are better off just installing the 32-bit version on your machine and it should work file.

Barp - Control, Simulation, RTT and HIL - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,378 Views)

I tried copying it, but its impossible even to copy all files because they are not in a single folder (and the installer doesn't allow installing the toolkit to other folders except for the Labview 2011 folder). I already started working with the 32 bit version of the program.

Thank you for your help!

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,374 Views)